Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pineapple Burgers

This is one of my FAVORITES, so I thought I'd post it nowwww before I get to Spain since I probably won't be making any type of burger too often.

Time: ~45 minutes
Ingredients:

  • fresh baked rolls from the grocery store
  • swiss cheese
  • ground beef ( I like it quite lean)
  • onion
  • BACON
  • pineapple slices
  • (opt. toppings - pickles, stadium mustard or dijon mustard, brown sugar, etc.)
The Burgers
So, it's quite easy. I almost ALWAYS line my baking sheet with foil because it is sooo much easier for cleaning. Set the oven for 350 degrees

I mince the onion and mash it with the burgers and make them pretty large. 
Then place pineapple slices on top (you may have to cut them to fit nicely).
Wrap two slices of bacon around a burger and over the pineapple criss crossed + and put the ends on top. 
Cook in the oven for about 35 minutes, but keep an eye on them. This is about how long I cooked them, but mine were quite thick. Then, for 10 minutes, broil them on high, so the bacon cooks more and crack the oven door open a few inches. 


Pull them out & place swiss cheese on top. I throw them back in the oven on broil for a minute or two with the door cracked to fully melt the cheese.


THE ROLLS -- cut them in half (or use regular buns- I recommend wheat)
You can do one of two things, 
1. broil them in the oven on another baking sheet face up with a bit of olive oil or butter on the face. 
2. (what I do so I don't have to use the oven) Get a skillet and put some olive oil, butter, and a dash of garlic powder on the faces of the rolls or the skillet and just face each one down individually into the mix- adding a little bit each time if you do it on the skillet. Leave each for about a minute and set them all on a plate, and they're ready for burgers. 


I typically do this the ten minutes the burgers broil. ^


Enjoyyyyyy



No comments:

Post a Comment